Thursday, April 5, 2012

Field Trip #2

On our second field trip, we went to PS1 in Long Island City. Though it was smaller than the MoMA, it certainly packed it's own punch. My favorite painting was one created by Kelly and Jeff Poe in Los Angeles in 2011 titled "Let's Be One on Top". It was a black fist at the top and though it was so simple, it was so empowering at the same time.

I wasn't a fan of "Rock It" by Carmine Boccuzzi and Bernard Lumpkin from 2007 (New York). I tried to make sense of it but it was awfully confusing. Maybe it was the mannequin head on top of a large amount of boxes; I couldn't get a story out of it.

Last, one I didn't understand, was "Served Up" by the Hudgin's family from 2009. After standing there for almost 20 minutes trying to make sense of it, I think it was the food that threw me off a little. My opinion is just one of millions but over all, it was a different experience that I embraced.

No comments:

Post a Comment