Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Good Art vs. Bad Art

I think there's a lot of aspects that are involved to determine what's considered good & bad. For me, 'good' art is something that catches my eye, usually a piece with bright colors; something that pops almost. Everyone feels different about different pieces but I think it's the attention-grabbing works of art that almost everyone can appreciate, regardless of their preference. For example, one of my favorite pieces is by Van Gogh called Pop Art Skull. The colors automatically drew me in, not to mention skulls are one of my favorite art muse.
On the other hand, I believe there is a such thing as 'bad' art. One of my least favorite art forms is war art. Yes, I understand that it is history & important but I don't see how its intriguing to look at a war zone. In my eyes, it's actually pretty depressing. I feel art is supposed to move you, but in a positive way, not one that wants to make you cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment